Sunday 21 February 2010

Spring Saturday Winter Sunday


Just wanted to bang out a few words whilst working on today's photos. Funny one this morning, the Winslow 10k just along the road from Aylesbury. Had a surprise when half way there the world became a winter wonderland and suddenly I had to switch off the auto pilot and pay attention to my driving . .

Plenty of people turned up for the race despite there being a popular 6 mile off road race about 5 miles away (why? there are 51 other weekends after all!!) . . and all the officials and marshals were friendly and chatty beforehand . .

Once the race was under way I walked along the course towards the runners to find a good spot for my photos, bearing in mind that it was trying to snow and I wanted to stay dry. And Lo! There was a Bus Shelter ahead . . it was on the *wrong* side of the road, but had a good view down the hill, and as the runners passed me there would be a nice big hedge behind them . .

So much for the theory! As the first 3 runners approached someone parked opposite me. I know they're entitled too, but it was frustrating. And it was too late for me to get anywhere else. I'll have to carry bollards around with me in future!! After another 40 minutes, someone parked in front of the car opposite, thus ruining completely the view across the road. Bloomin' great tank it was too. *Sigh* . .

And so some of my photos today are just not good enough, everyone's blurry and that . . but there are a few that are worth displaying and it's those that I'm working on at the moment . .

It was lovely and sunny on Saturday though, wasn't it :-)

Above is the view down the hill from my bus shelter today, at the Winslow 10k . .

No comments:

Post a Comment