Friday 19 November 2010

I'm going to be busy . .

 . . this weekend, with 2 races to cover. One, on Sunday, that I went along to last year, the Hadleigh 10 in Suffolk. I'm not quite sure what made me go all that way to take some photos but it's a nice place, seems to be a well-organised race that the participants enjoy, and the people there are, as they are wherever I go, friendly and welcoming . .


. . but before that, tomorrow is the Very First Ever Dirt Half Challenge . . a Half Marathon that starts and finishes in Leighton Buzzard. The runners spend quite some time on the banks of the Grand Union Canal so in the summer Di and I went to explore but got no further than the Globe where we enjoyed a very pleasant lunch. Obviously the colours will be different tomorrow but I should still be able to find an attractive background for my photos . .


 . . back in Hadleigh, the colours will hopefully still be interesting, as the photo of the start of the race above shows . . and whilst sometimes the scenery isn't quite so inspirational the runners bring their vests of many colours to brighten up the place . . here are first lady Natasha up by Pott's Farm shortly before the 4 mile marker . .


and Syd and Ken enjoying themselves as they pass through Lower Layham in the 9th mile . .


 . . so lots of work to do in the evenings this weekend, trying to present the photos properly . . then a day off somewhere in the Midlands with Di . . before another day off work on Tuesday to finish off the photos . . 

I'm looking forward to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment