Monday 15 November 2010

it was an Autumn Challenge . .

There were, it turned out, to be several challenges yesterday. The first one (if you discount getting out of bed) was driving between the lines in the fog that greeted me here in Aylesbury, but as I drove down the A41 to Watford that challenge quickly changed as I had to struggle to see through the bright sunshine that was aimed directly at my windscreen!


By the time I'd got to Cassiobury Park, however, the sun had been replaced by grey clouds, and it was a typical autumn morning, which presented its own challenges in that the places I wanted to take photos were amongst trees, and so the light would be poor.


And finally there was the challenge of getting all the photos online last night, at which I failed. They're almost done, but the day job calls, and so they must wait until this evening for completion. And that's fine, because I do allow myself 48 hours to complete that task, and I'll be well within that deadline.


The race seemed to go well - most of the runners that sped down the hill past me in the final mile looked to be enjoying themselves. There were plenty of things to take photos of in addition to the runners, and I caught up with some old friends and enjoyed their conversation. So even though the sun couldn't be bothered to hang around, I'm pleased that did . .

No comments:

Post a Comment