Wednesday 24 November 2010

two bridges . .

Well, that was a dull weekend, meteorlogically speaking, that is . . it was quite the opposite in most other aspects . .

Saturday saw me at the first ever Dirt Half Challenge, a race which apparently wasn't muddy enough according to some competitors!!



I found a nice spot on the Grand Union Canal, by the Three Locks, and took what I hoped would be some lovely photos with the pub and the lockgates behind the runners . . unfortunately it was so gloomy that I struggled to get clear and sharp images of the runners . .




Later on I was further south on the same canal where there was a little more light . .


  . . and this happy runner clearly enjoyed herself . .



On Sunday I was beside the River Brett in Hadleigh, in Suffolk, for their 10 mile road race . .


Not quite such a gloomy day and I was able to gather a nice set of photos of runners - here are the 2 leading ladies battling it out after 8½ miles . .


And of the other things that catch my attention whilst I'm out and about . .


Although the day came to a sudden halt from a photographic point of view when I returned to my car and found it had a very flat tyre, and by the time I'd replaced it and returned to Race HQ, almost everyone had gone home!

No comments:

Post a Comment