Wednesday 8 December 2010

Weather from the Wardrobe . .

When will it all end . . this horrible weather, I mean. Here in the Home Counties it isn't quite so bad, just bloomin' cold, but I know that for example in Hull and York, it's like some kind of parallel universe . . has the White Witch escaped from the Wardrobe?

So it's good to look ahead to the New Year and hopefully better weather. In January I'm returning to north Bristol and will be taking photos of the Riverbank Rollick on the 16th. It's staged by Thornbury Running Club, is around 9 miles, and is described as multi-terrain. From my own experience in 2008, it's mostly mud, wind and rain. The race heads west from Thornbury as far as you can go, then you run south along the bank of the Severn Estuary for a while, before returning to Thornbury, where just before the end you have an opportunity to clean your shoes whilst running along (which is to say in) a stream. Which is where I'll be, with camera.

Later in the month, on the evening of the 27th, I'll be near Cambridge at the inaugural LodeStar Night Run . . a 10k over three laps, with obstacles. The obstacles are floodlit, hopefully brightly enough for me to take good photos of everyone. Runners don't generally like to stand still and pose mid-race, for obvious reasons, but I'm hoping that by the 3rd lap, if they're not quite stationary, they won't be moving very quickly and that will be my best chance . .

No photos of either of these locations so I'll leave you with an image from this year's edition of one of the races I'm attending in February . . of which I'll write sometime soon . .

No comments:

Post a Comment