Sunday 26 December 2010

. . a Willen Winter Wonderland . .

Happy Boxing/Stephen's Day!! Hope you enjoyed/survived yesterday? I delayed my journey to my parents in York from the 24th, thought I'd give myself a day off and allow the holiday traffic to clear the M1 for me . .

 

I was told that Christmas Dinner would be on the table at 2pm, so I could get up and leave mid-morning or I could rise early, and stop off at parkrun Milton Keynes en route to Yorkshire . .


 . . of course the lure of parkrun was irresistible . . and so shortly before 9am I found myself in the still snow covered car park beside Willen Lake in MK, with 80 or so others, many of whom were to my mind inadequately dressed for the conditions . . they would be the runners then!!

 

Once they'd gone, the few of us that remained shivered, and watched Nig set up the finish area, and waited . . 


and shivered some more as we watched people in shorts running along the far bank of the frozen Lake, before they rounded the final bend, smiled and waved at Ian taking his first race photographs . .

 
. . and slithered and sprinted and slipped and strode along the last 200 metres to the finish line . .


  . . and mostly hung around for a while, stretching and chatting and enjoying the sunshine whilst waiting to see how friends and relatives had done . .

   . . it turned out that Hazel and Kevin had run around at the back of the pack, collecting the signs along the way . . so that once they'd finished . . 

 
 
. . we could all head off to wherever we were going to spend our Christmas Day . .



 

No comments:

Post a Comment