Friday 14 January 2011

. . Bristol Saturday . . Thornbury Sunday . .

My good friend Jan in Bristol suggested that I might like to take photos at one of the races her club (Thornbury Running Club) stages . . which is why tomorrow I'm driving to Bristol, seeing my old boss for lunch, and staying with old friends in Cotham. On the way down, I'll pop into Thornbury and make sure I know where I'm going on race-day. I used to live nearby so I've already got a pretty good idea, but it's best to make sure if you have the time available . .


At this stage of course, I don't have any photos of the Riverside Rollick to share with you so here are a couple of my favourite photos from the 2005 Bristol Half Marathon . . I love being by the water and so these two shots looking across the harbour to the stream of runners are amongst my favourites, and I just wish I'd had a better camera in those days . .


And finally, I thought it might be nice to close with a photo of Jan, taken in that same race, which until a few moments ago I'd forgotten I'd got, and which Jan may never have seen. Thanks for the tip about the Rollick, Jan, and see you on Sunday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment