Wednesday 26 January 2011

. . so the sun didn't shine this year . .

Having suggested last week that the organisers of the Brass Monkey might like to book me because the sun always shines when I go to their race . . it let me down this year!!


 . . I popped across the A64 from Wigginton to Appleton Roebuck on Sunday morning to support friends taking part in this year's Half Marathon . . unfortunately I could have sworn that the course went round the loop at the end in an anti-clockwise direction, so I figured I was going to somewhere around 4 miles . . which would leave me plenty of time to get back to my parents' for an early lunch . . and here's the bunch of friendly marshals who explained that the loop is run in the opposite direction . . and I was somewhere around half way round the course . . and I may be late for lunch!


 . . despite the lack of sunshine, it turned out to be a good day for racing . . and indeed, not a bad day for watching either . . here's the eventual winner . .


 . . this group of runners were racing hard for 7th place . . 


 . . and this lady, in 2nd place at this point, went on to finish first . .


 . . whilst finally, here are just two of the friends who seemed pleased to see me out on the course . .


 . . wonder if the sun will shine next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment