Friday 4 February 2011

and where did that week just go?

 . . it doesn't seem like almost a week since I was in lovely East Park in Hull in the sunshine but it says so on the calendar so I guess it must be . .


 . . it was the fourth time I'd visited Hull parkrun, but the first with my camera and the park, as most parks are, is very photogenic. Last Saturday it was crisply cold, bright and sunny, frosty and frozen . .

 

. . which just made the Park more lovely than ever . . and I especially liked the way the sun was reflecting off different aspects of the bridge over Ferens Lake . .


 . . and I remembered to look down, as well as up . . which was just as well because you never know what you might find . . 
 

. . the following morning I returned to Cottingham and Skidby, where I took the photo that's currently the first thing you see when you open this blog last year. Unfortunately the weather for this year's Ferriby 10 mile road race was damp and gloomy . . 

 

. . and many of the runners were wrapped up almost as much as I was! Once again Skidby Windmill proved irresitible . .

 

. . whilst the racing was hard and determined . . reinforcing my contention that nobody runs a 10 mile race for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment