Friday 11 February 2011

Good weekend coming up . .

Off to the Cotswolds tomorrow, to meet Di for lunch in a pretty village . . and then on Sunday to take photos in Lacock of the Wiltshire 10 road race.

This is a new race, starting and finishing in Melksham (and I'll be taking photos there too) and no doubt the organisers are proud to have sold out - the last of the 300 places was taken 5 days ago. Having seen the list of entrants there are several runners taking part who I used to run with 20 or more years ago - I'm looking forward to seeing them once again as you might imagine.

It'll be good to have Di to keep me company as I take photos in Lacock. The village belongs to the National Trust, as you may know, so I may need to find somewhere away from the grockles to find a good vantage point. But I'm hoping to get some shots with some of the half timbered buildings in the background.

Lacock is also home of the Fox Talbot Museum. Henry Fox Talbot was born, lived and died in the village, and 140 years ago he was taking photographs - one of the early British photographic pioneers.

A visit to the Fox Talbot Museum will have to wait for another time . . and on Sunday I'll be wondering what Mr Talbot would have made of it all . .

No comments:

Post a Comment