Thursday 17 February 2011

Never mind the rain . .

 . . well I tried not to, but it did make Sunday difficult. Saturday had been a lovely day, Di and I enjoyed strolling around Stow on the Wold, and found some ideas for what to do with some of my photos . . Sunday lived up (or should I say down?) to the weather forecast and Wiltshire was Wet and Windy, and taking photos at the Wiltshire 10 was going to be challenging . .

It was lovely to catch up with some running friends from both Bath and Bitton who I'd not seen for several years, and it was a thrill to meet Ian Thompson, the winner of both the Commonwealth Games and the European Games' Marathons in 1974 . . he's the gentleman stood on the right of the group here waiting for the start of the Wiltshire 10 on Sunday . .


Once the race was under way I drove over to the half way point in Lacock, where I met up with Di, keeping nice and dry under her umbrella . . and I liked the look of this view down East Street, looking towards the Bakers' shop . .


When the runners reached Lacock it was hard work in the rain and the gloom. I managed to get some nice photos of many of the runners, including this one of the winning lady, Holly Rush of Team Bath . . but the photo below shows what I was up against in terms of the conditions . .

 
 

It only took a matter of 40 minutes for the Wiltshire 10 to pass through Lacock, and by 11.15 the village was once again in the care of its residents and visitors . . and as I made my way back to the car, and thence to Race HQ at Melksham, I enjoyed the first of this year's Spring flowers . .


You'll find these and many more photos from my morning at the Wiltshire 10 here . .

No comments:

Post a Comment