Tuesday 9 June 2009

in the beginning . .

I started taking photos at running races, during races, and then of races in 2002 at the Dublin Marathon.

Since then my website www.richk.co.uk has expanded and developed beyond my wildest expectations or imaginings.

The purchase earlier this year of a Pentax Digital SLR camera has opened new horizons to me and I'm about to take race photos on a commercial basis. Not instead of my day job, but to help me pay for that next long or wide lens.

So my website needs to develop and I've been working on that for a while now, behind the scenes, as well as going to lots of races and honing my photography skills whilst getting used to the camera. Previously I've used compact digital camera, and have always got good results, but now with my DSLR I'm taking the sort of photo I never dreamt of!!

Thanks to my nephew Tim in Melbourne, I've found www.graphic-design.com and www.uxbooth.com and thanks to my own efforts I've found www.colorcombos.com, after I came to realise that just using the colours of my home town football team probably wasn't good enough! Not that there's anything wrong with Hull City's colours of black and amber, of course!!

Thanks also to RachE for a particularly good idea, and yes, the url's are bought but until they're working I'll keep quiet!

Thanks to Rob, aka fatface, for one spectacularly good idea, which as with all the best ideas only became blindingly obvious after he had thunked it!!

Finally thanks to all of you out there who have encouraged me (Ant Bliss and Jonathan S have been particularly generous in their encouragement) because without your belief, I wouldn't have believed in myself and set off along this exciting path . .

I have two local races lined up where I will be taking photos which will be for sale, and I've my eye on a another local race before these two which I will be using as a dry run to make sure the systems I'm currently working on function as planned . .

This blog, at least initially, is intended only to be about my photography . . more news to follow as it breaks . .

No comments:

Post a Comment