Thursday 18 June 2009

Tring Midsummer Fun Run

I passed a pleasant evening in Tring last night, as my club staged the 9th Midsummer Fun Run. The evening consists of running races for children of all ages around the cricket fields, and there is great competition between the children of Tring's schools . .

Once the 487 children and teenagers had completed their laps and received their medals, the event concluded with a race along local roads and canal tow path of about 6k, which this year attracted a field of 240 runners.
The evening is run in conjunction with Iain Rennie Hospice at Home, and many of the runners will have raised sponsorship for the charity by running their race. All profits from the evening also go to this very worthwhile local charity . .

I've now got many of the photos online at www.theracephotographer.com (where else!!) but those of the runners completing the main race will have to wait . .

Discovered a flaw in one cunning plan, which is to display photos in race number order, so that I can label pages accordingly and visitors can find themselves with relative ease. But I can't read the race numbers after I've created the thumbnails . . so I need to do that job the other way round!!

But that's why I'm taking loads of photos just now, to learn stuff like that before I go commercial!!

And the reason the photos from last night need to wait a little while is because tomorrow evening I'm off to the Marston Vale 5k, another flat fast race with about 400 hundred runners, so let's hope for a sunny evening!!

That's all for now . . more at the weekend . .

No comments:

Post a Comment