Friday 4 March 2011

10k's are the future . .

All of a sudden the future is 10k-tastic (sorry!) . .

This Sunday I'll be at the Leighton 10k. This is a new event down the road from here at Leighton Buzzard, and as it's new, I can't illustrate it! It'll be interesting to see how many runners it attracts as it faces competition from the well-established Berkhamstead Half, which also has a 5 mile race attached to it . .

Then I've got the following 2 weekends off (sorry again!) because there's a significant family birthday in the middle of the month, so significant in fact that my brother and niece are coming over from Australia to take part in the celebrations . .

But as soon as they're gone I'll be back out, on the 27th, at the Carterton 10k, which is over near RAF Brize Norton. I've never been there before so I can't yet illustrate that event either!

The following weekend it's Mothering Sunday and where else would I be but up in York, at Mother's. And, of course, at the Arkendale 10k in North Yorkshire, which is a race I covered last year, so here's a photo of the runners shortly after the start . .


Here's a shot of the Arkendale Formation Sheep Team, who kept whizzing over the moor as the runners ran across towards me . .


The following weekend I'm returning to another event that I covered last year, the Darent Valley 10k down in Kent . . where last year I was very naughty and took photos at the top of this evil hill in the 7th or 8th kilometre. I've promised to go somewhere different this time!


That's enough 10k's for now although there are more to tell you about, and I'll do that over the coming weeks . . and remember that you can see all my photos of these races here . . have a good weekend . .

No comments:

Post a Comment