Sunday 13 March 2011

back to Bedfont Lakes . .

No photos from me this weekend as it's a family occasion. Saturday began for me at 4.30am, when I got up to go to Heathrow to meet my brother and niece who were due in at 5.25 from Melbourne . . I walked into the Terminal 3 arrivals hall at 6am and Phil and Amanda came through less than 5 minutes later . . almost perfect timing . .

A quick chat and a coffee later, and Phil and Amanda were off into London, where Amanda is spending a couple of days sight and show seeing . . whilst I lugged their luggage to my car. Phil wanted to see that Amanda got settled into her hotel properly, and so I was going to return to Bedfont Lakes parkrun to see my friends there for the first time since I ran dressed as a clown on October 30th last year . .

It was lovely to see so many old friends, a reminder of the times when I was a regular down there, and gratifying and flattering that they were so pleased to see me . .


This was my third parkrun in 3 weeks and it's the only running I've done in that time. Of the three courses (Hull, Milton Keynes and Bedfont Lakes) this is the slowest, being all off road, with a few slopes to contend with . .

Despite that I managed to post my fastest time this year . . and faster than my previous two visits to Bedfont Lakes . . still nowhere near the times I want to be doing but it's the right kind of progress . .



Soon after finishing I was changed, had made my farewells with promises to be back as soon as possible, and was off to Hatton Cross tube station where Phil was waiting for me . .

And 4 hours later, we were here in York, with our parents . .

Thanks to Kath for the two photos . . the first taken on the first lap . . the second just a few paces from the finish . .

No comments:

Post a Comment