Tuesday 1 March 2011

parkrun . . I made it!

 . . another weekend with no cameras in my hands (we're back to normal this coming weekend, don't worry!) . .

Hull parkrun was flat, as it is every week, and I was grateful for that as I lugged my groaning self around 5k for the first time since I ran at the Bedfont Lakes parkrun on October 30th. Remarkably, I was less than a minute slower than I had been on that occasion. Goodness knows what I'd stuffed down my top before the run - I don't remember doing it but no wonder it takes me so long to get round! As always it was good to see the people I know at East Park, and Di had a good run, within a minute of her pb. Thanks to Dave Gowans for the photo below . .

 

That evening we went to the Grand Opera House in York, a lovely little theatre, and enjoyed a really good performance by 10CC. I'd forgotten many of their songs and enjoyed hearing them again. They'd clearly rehearsed long and hard for the tour as the harmonies were astonishing and the whole show was spot on . .


Thanks to Di for this photo, taken with her phone, and for the one below of me beside the untroubled water of York's River Ouse on Sunday morning ..


 . . better go now as my website's not working . . *sigh* . . isn't the internet wonderful! But when it is working, you'll find it here . . Happy March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment