Wednesday 30 March 2011

Milton Keynes . . and Carterton . .

A quiet running weekend, really, spent at the Milton Keynes parkrun on Saturday morning and the Carterton 10k on Sunday . .


Despite having run every day since sometime in the mid-60's British running legend (the first Brit to run a sub-2.10 marathon) had never run a parkrun before so it was great for the 192 others of us at MK on Saturday to rub shoulders with him on his parkrun debut (although I doubt if the 6 year old girl who beat me again was too bothered!) . . I expect he was waiting to see if parkrun would catch on! My own shoulders lagged a long way behind RH but I managed to finish with a smile of course . .


The Carterton 10k took in two laps of the town and was a flurry of activity for a couple of hours and then all returned to normality in the Oxfordshire town that's a close neighbour of Brize Norton . .


I had a good friend who was home from Denmark for the weekend for company and he and I lined up my position for some excellent shots of the runners . .


Except we were in the wrong place and had to move . . and so missed around the first 20 runners on their first lap. I can draw maps for a living but I can't read them! Had a great morning and lunch at the Jolly Boatman wasn't so bad either!


The early part of the week here in Aylesbury has been quite sunny and the Butterflies are coming out for the new season . . there's a footpath alongside a stream close to work and I've often looked for Butterflies along there in the past 2 years . . but this was the first time I'd seen a Comma there . .

No comments:

Post a Comment